Apricot Fruit Leather Recipe
Need a use for those apricots that are coming off the tree by the bucket load? Fruit leather makes an awesome snack, and only requires three ingredients!
Write a review
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups pitted and diced fresh Red Barn apricots
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees F (165 degrees C), or the lowest setting you have.
- Combine the lemon juice, apricots and sugar in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until sugar has dissolved. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Cover an 11x17 inch pan or cookie sheet with a layer of plastic wrap. Pour the pureed fruit onto the plastic and spread evenly to within 1 inch of the edge.
- Bake for 4 to 6 hours in the preheated oven, using a spoon or a pair of tongs to keep the door slightly ajar, or until the puree has dried and is no longer sticky. Once dry, you can cut it into strips and store in an airtight container.
Rowley's Red Barn https://www.rowleysredbarn.com/