Cherry Chewbilees (Christmas Cookies) Recipe
Beyond ordinary, try these cookies made with extraordinary dried cherries! A unique, holiday treat that is bound to disappear fast at those holiday family functions.
Write a review
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-2/3 cups coarsely chopped white chocolate or vanilla milk chips
- 1-1/2 cups Country Spoon Dried Red Tart Cherries
- 1 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- Combine margarine, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until thoroughly mixed.
- Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture.
- Stir in white chocolate, dried cherries and cashews.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven 10 to 12 minutes, or until light golden brown. Do not overbake.
- Let cool on wire racks; store in a tightly covered container. These cookies freeze well.
- Makes 4-1/2 dozen cookies.
Rowley's Red Barn https://www.rowleysredbarn.com/