Cherry Chocolate Recovery Drink
If you are anything like me your workouts have intensified a bit as swimsuit season approaches! Cherry juice helps prevent and alleviate muscle soreness, making it a great recovery drink after any rigorous activity. Cherry juice can be enjoyed alone, but isn't everything a little better when chocolate is involved? Recipe provided by the Cherry Marketing Institute.
Write a review
- 4 oz (120 mL) chocolate milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Country Spoon Red Tart Cherry Juice Concentrate
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) plain yogurt
- ½ oz (14 g) dark chocolate, melted 1-2 tsp
- Melt chocolate in saucepan over low heat or in the microwave for a few seconds. Add chocolate milk, tart cherry juice concentrate, yogurt, and melted chocolate together and blend or mix well. Chill and serve.
- Nutrition Facts per 208 g serving: 210 calories, 10 g total fat, 6 g saturated fat, 28 g carbohydrate, 5 mg cholesterol, 8 g protein, 3 g fiber, 105 mg sodium; Daily Values: 8% vitamin A; 43% vitamin C; 20% calcium; 20% iron
Rowley's Red Barn https://www.rowleysredbarn.com/