Cherry Cobbler Recipe
Write a review
- 2 cups canned drained red pitted cherries, reserve juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup reserved cherry juice
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 1/3 cup milk
- granulated sugar or cinnamon sugar, optional
- Place cherries in a buttered 8-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle with cornstarch. Combine the 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and reserved cherry juice; pour over cherries. Let cherries stand while making topping.Make cobbler topping.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles meal. Add nuts, if using, and blend well. Add milk, stirring with a fork until a soft dough is formed. Spoon dough evenly over cherries. If desired, sprinkle top with sugar or cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until topping browned and fruit is bubbly.
Rowley's Red Barn https://www.rowleysredbarn.com/