Cherry Ribs Recipe
Write a review
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 30 min
- 8 pounds pork spareribs
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cut ribs into serving portions of 2 or 3 ribs each.
- Put ribs in a large saucepot or Dutch oven; add salted water to cover ribs.
- Simmer, covered, 45 to 50 minutes, or until tender. Drain ribs; set aside. Puree cherry pie filling in an electric blender or food processor. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion; cook, stirring, until onion is tender. add pureed cherry filling, soy sauce, mustard, ginger and Worcestershire sauce; mix well. Simmer, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reserve some cherry sauce to serve with ribs.
- Place ribs on gas grill over low heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from slow coals. Turn ribs 3 to 4 times and brush frequently with remaining cherry sauce. Cook 25 minutes, or until done. Discard any sauce used to barbecue meat.
- Serve reserved sauce with ribs. Makes 8 servings.
- Try it with Tangy Cherry Coleslaw
Rowley's Red Barn https://www.rowleysredbarn.com/