If you are anything like me, you are wondering why there is snow outside! I am so ready for Spring. Although we don't make maraschino cherries at The Red Barn, I thought this recipe described our weather here in Santaquin perfectly.
Write a review
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 36 maraschino cherries, well drained
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups flaked coconut, finely chopped
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, water and vanilla.
- Combine flour, oats and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Shape a tablespoonful of dough around each cherry, forming a ball. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until bottoms are browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Combine sugar and enough milk to achieve smooth dipping consistency. Dip cookies, then roll in coconut.
Rowley's Red Barn https://www.rowleysredbarn.com/