Chicken and Asparagus Roulades Recipe
Write a review
- 1 1/4-lb pkg thin-sliced boneless chicken breasts
- 12 thin sandwich-sized slices Swiss cheese (from an 8-oz pkg)
- 1 lb Red Barn asparagus, woody ends snapped off; spears simmered in salted water until tender, then cooled
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Place 1 slice chicken on each of 4 sheets of plastic wrap. Cut extra chicken in pieces; place, overlapping, on slices so each is about equal size. Cover with plastic wrap; pound to fuse pieces to slices and until evenly thick. Uncover; sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Top each with 3 slices cheese to 1/2 in. of edge. Place 1/4 the asparagus at narrower end. Tightly roll up; secure with a wooden pick. Roll roulades in 1 1/2 Tbsp flour.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add roulades; brown on all sides.
- Place on baking sheet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Carefully remove picks and slice.
Rowley's Red Barn https://www.rowleysredbarn.com/