Chicken Salad with Cherries Recipe
Write a review
- 4-1/2 cups diced smoked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups diced celery
- 2-1/4 cups diced sweet onions
- 2-1/4 cups chopped dried tart cherries
- 1-1/2 cups toasted pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine chicken, celery, onion, cherries, pecans, basil, mayonnaise, orange juice, orange peel, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl; stir gently until combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To prepare sandwiches: Place bread on work surface, spread 12 slices of bread with 1 tablespoon mayonnaise each. Spread other 12 slices with 3/4 cup(about 6 ounces) chicken salad per slice. Top chicken salad with bibb lettuce, close sandwiches; slice in half diagonally and serve.
- Makes 12 sandwiches; 9 cups (72 ounces) chicken salad.
Rowley's Red Barn https://www.rowleysredbarn.com/