Chocolate Strawberry Crispy Pie Recipe
Write a review
- 1/2 cup chocolate flavored syrup
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/2 to 1 quart Red Barn *strawberry ice cream (however full you want your pie)
- Butter an 8” pie plate; set aside (I used a 9″pie plate).
- In medium microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate syrup with chocolate chips; microwave on high for 45 seconds or until hot. Stir until smooth.
- Remove 1/4 cup chocolate mixture to small bowl; set aside.
- Add cereal to remaining chocolate mixture and stir to coat; cool slightly and press mixture evenly into bottom and up the sides of pie plate.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Combine reserved 1/4 cup of chocolate mixture with sour cream. Spoon half the ice cream into pie, drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Top with scoops of ice cream if desired and remaining sauce. (I put the whole amount of ice cream in the pie and then drizzled it with the sour cream/chocolate mixture.)
- Garnish with fresh strawberries before serving if desired.
- *Pick any flavor of ice cream you want for a different twist to this recipe!
Rowley's Red Barn https://www.rowleysredbarn.com/