Cran-Orange Almond Salad Recipe
If you are anything like me and ate WAY too much at yesterday's BBQ, and the left overs only remind you of how much you shouldn't have eaten, then this recipe is for you! A crisp light salad, good anytime of the year. This can also be altered to include your left over grilled chicken or other meats for a more hearty salad.
Write a review
- 1 large head red leaf lettuce, washed, dried, and broken into pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings (the thinner the better)
- 2 – 3 Red Barn oranges, peeled and sliced then cut into chunks (You can use 2 cans of mandarin oranges, drained – but the fresh orange is fabulous)
- 1/2 jicama, peeled and cut into julienne strips (optional)
- 1/2 cup Red Barn dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Good Seasons dry Italian dressing mix
- 4 ounces slivered almonds
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- Serve tossed with orange dressing and sugared almonds.
- Combine ingredients in blender or shaker jar.
- Place almonds in a small skillet and sprinkle with sugar. Cook over medium heat stirring until almonds are coated and starting to brown (a nice tan color) and sugar has dissolved. (Be careful not to burn) Allow almonds to cool.
Rowley's Red Barn https://www.rowleysredbarn.com/