Crunchy Cherry Party Mix Recipe
This easy-to prepare snack is a holiday favorite and a must when watching a good sports game on TV.
Write a review
- 4 cups bite-size corn or rice square cereal (such as Corn or Rice Chex)
- 2 cups bite-size wheat square cereal (such as Wheat Chex)
- 2 cups broken whole grain Melba toast
- 2 cups small fat-free pretzel twists
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1-1/2 cups dried tart cherries
- Put corn or rice cereal, wheat cereal, Melba toast and pretzels in a large bowl; stir to mix. In a glass measuring cup or small bowl, stir together melted margarine or butter, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and ground red pepper. Drizzle over cereal mixture. Toss to coat.
- Spread cereal mixture in a 15×10x1-inch (or a 13×9x2-inch) baking pan. Bake in a preheated 300-degree oven about 25 minutes, stirring every 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven; stir in dried cherries. Pour onto aluminum foil to cool completely. Store in a tightly covered container for up to 1 week. Makes 20 (1/2 cup) servings.
- For a whole new flavor, substitute 1 tablespoon jerk blend seasoning mix for the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper.
Rowley's Red Barn https://www.rowleysredbarn.com/