Dried Cherry Apple Pie Recipe
Write a review
- 1 cup Country Spoon Dried Red Tart Cherries
- 4 cups peeled, cored and sliced apples
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Pastry for 9-inch, 2-crust pie
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dried cherries and apple slices.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Pour over fruit mixture; toss to blend. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Turn fruit mixture into pastry-lined 9-inch pie pan: dot with butter.
- To make a lattice top for the pie, cut remaining pastry into ½-inch wide strips. Arrange strips on pie at 1-inch intervals. Fold back alternate strips to weave crosswise strips over and under. Seal and flute edge. (If desired, a solid top crust can be used. Cut slits in top pastry to allow steam to escape.)
- Bake in a preheated 425° oven 40 to 50 minutes, or until edge is golden brown and apples are tender.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Rowley's Red Barn https://www.rowleysredbarn.com/