Fresh Pumpkin Pasta
Write a review
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg + 2 egg yolks
- 3 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- Add flour and salt to a food processor and pulse. Then add in two egg yolks and 1 whole egg, and the pumpkin puree. Pulse until well combined. Then drizzle in water until a dough forms (see picture).
- Transfer to a very lightly floured surface, sprinkle top with a little flour, and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for 30 minutes to rest.
- After it’s rested, bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt generously.
- Cut the pasta into thirds and begin rolling out into a loose rectangle, sprinkling on only as much flour as it takes to keep it from sticking. More flour = a less flavorful, tender pasta. Also, the pasta will want to stick to the rolling pin – simply use one hand to hold it down while you use the other to roll.
- Once the dough is nearly paper thin, cut it into any shape you want. You can even leave it in a solid sheet if you’d like. I used a pizza cutter to cut mine into fettuccini-sized strips.
- Cover with plastic wrap until ready to cook. Add pasta to boiling water and stir just to make sure they don’t stick together. It should only take 1-2 minutes to cook.
- Drain and transfer to serving plate. Top with pesto and parmesan cheese, toss with your favorite tomato sauce, or try a pumpkin mac-n-cheese sauce.
Rowley's Red Barn https://www.rowleysredbarn.com/