Fruit Bars Recipe
Write a review
- 2 1/4 c flour
- 1 c old fashioned oats (NOT instant...)
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 tsp baking SODA
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cold egg
- 1 1/2 sticks ICE COLD BUTTER, unsalted
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1 c Country Spoon Jam
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Mix flour, oats, sugar, baking soda and salt until well combined. Then pulse in (you can do this by hand or food processor) diced butter until its crumbly (size of peas).
- Lightly beat egg and add vanilla then pulse until combined.
- Place 2/3 of mixture into a 8x8 or9x9 pan that is lined with foil and sprayed with Pam.
- Press down into a crust.
- Top with 1 cup of any Country Spoon Jam that you want (Apricot and Raspberry are our favorites for this recipe).
- Spread into an even layer, then top with rest of the crumbly mixture.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, you will smell oats by the time it's done.
- Take out and allow to cool 2 hours before removing. Then carefully remove foil.
- Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
- To cut: Cut in half, then cut each half in half again to make 4 cuts across, then turn 90 degrees and do the other side so you get 16 even bars.
Rowley's Red Barn https://www.rowleysredbarn.com/