Giant Turnover Recipe
Nothing beats a warm dessert on a cold day! Here is a recipe for a giant fruit turnover, big enough to share!
Write a review
- 1 lb (total) apples and pears, peeled and cored
- 1/4 cup Country Spoon Dried Red Tart Cherries
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (about 8 1/2 oz)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Cut fruit into small cubes. Toss with cherries, nuts, sugar, bread crumbs, and cinnamon
- Don't unfold pastry, but roll it into a 14 inch square on parchment lined baking sheet. Spoon filling onto bottom half of dough, leaving at least an inch border to close the turnover. Wet the edges with water, fold over and seal the edges with a fork. Brush the top with beaten egg. Prick turnover in 3 places.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then lower temperature to 350 degrees and bake an additional 20 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
Rowley's Red Barn https://www.rowleysredbarn.com/