Mini Cherry Pound Cakes Recipe
Write a review
- 2 (16-ounce) jars or 3 (10-ounce) jars maraschino cherries
- 1¼ cups butter, softened
- 2¾ cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Drain maraschino cherries; cut into quarters. You should have about 2 cups. Drain again on paper towels.
- Set aside.
- Put butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until blended,
- then on high speed 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture alternately with sweetened condensed milk to
- creamed mixture, mixing lightly after each addition.
- Fold in maraschino cherries. Turn batter evenly into 6 greased and floured mini loaf pans (4½ x 2¾ x 1¼
- inches). Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted near center
- comes out clean. Let cool in pans 5 minutes; invert on wire racks and let cool completely. Wrap for gifts or
- dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
- Makes 6 mini loafs.
Rowley's Red Barn https://www.rowleysredbarn.com/