Puffy Apple Oven Pancakes Recipe
This is one of our favorite breakfasts. It definitely gets 5 STARS!
Write a review
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 medium apple
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Melt butter in pie plate, 9 x 11 1/4 inches, in oven. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon evenly over melted butter.
- Peal and thinly slice apple. Arrange over sugar and cinnamon.
- Beat eggs slightly in a medium bowl. Beat in flour, milk and salt until just mixed. Do not over beat or the pancake will not puff). Pour mixture over apples.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until puffy and golden brown. Immediately turn upside down onto serving plate. Serve with Red Barn Apple Syrup for a little extra sweetness.
- I have had to double this recipe when cooking for more then just my husband and I. It is a little tricky to still make it puff up but it can be done and even if it doesn't, it is still delicious. Here are some changes to make when doubling.
- Use 1/3 cup butter in a 13 x 9 pan and keep the salt at 1/4 tsp. You can double everything else.
Rowley's Red Barn https://www.rowleysredbarn.com/