Roasted Asparagus Recipe
Write a review
- 1 pound Red Barn asparagus spears (the thicker the better for roasting)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher/Coarse salt
- Black pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. While the oven is preheating, gently break off the lower ends of the asparagus. This is the tough part that isn’t so great for eating. The asparagus should break naturally when you bend the asparagus about 1-2 inches up the stalk. Discard the lower, tough portion.
- Lay the asparagus in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil. Using your fingers, gently roll the asparagus to evenly coat with the oil. Sprinkle the asparagus with cheese, salt, and pepper. Again, lightly roll the asparagus so the seasoning gets evenly distributed.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, checking often the last one to two minutes of baking, until the asparagus is tender when pierced with a fork. Serve immediately.
- *The first time I made this I forgot to set the timer, and it was in the oven for about 20 minutes so it got a bit crispy, but truth be told, it was so delicious that way that now it's my preferred roasting method! You can use any seasonings you want to change up the flavor of this recipe. Asparagus is also great on the grill!
Rowley's Red Barn https://www.rowleysredbarn.com/